Download and install “Beautiful Soup”
On page 30, just after he tells us to download Python if we don’t already have it, Nathan says we should download and install Beautiful Soup, a Python library whose mission in life is to pull data out of HTML and XML files — commonly known as “scraping.”
The current release is Beautiful Soup 4.0.3 (April 3, 2012). You can install it with pip install beautifulsoup4 or easy_install beautifulsoup4. It’s also available as the python-beautifulsoup4 package in recent versions of Debian and Ubuntu.
Beautiful Soup 4 works on both Python 2 (2.7+) and Python 3.
Downloading was easy. My first hurdle was to uncompress/expand the compressed file that I had downloaded.
NOTE: Don’t bother downloading the file. Just keep reading.
- gottagettawookiee likes this
- canuckish likes this
- canuckish reblogged this from babydatajournalism
- elegantweddinginvites likes this
- rookzok likes this
- paradisee reblogged this from babydatajournalism
- pdxiii likes this
- rafaelfajardo likes this
- emergentdigitalpractices reblogged this from lifeandcode
- emergencyreports likes this
- lifeandcode reblogged this from babydatajournalism
- babydatajournalism posted this