A learn-to-program blog written with journalists in mind
Thanks to the Twitter machine, we stumbled on this terrific post by Alex Howard. It’s a crash course in why getting more women in tech is a good idea.
The short version:
- It’s good for men—stereotypes are reduced and people’s work is evaluated more accurately.
- It’s good for women—when women are encouraged, they can devote more time/energy to the actual work because they spend less on just getting into the arena.
- It’s good for technology—mixed-gender teams are more profitable and innovative.
The post is excellent. Go read it, right now.
blog comments powered by Disqus
- sdwifey likes this
- sarahdayowen reblogged this from danifankhauser and added:
- danifankhauser reblogged this from onaissues
- onaissues reblogged this from lifeandcode
- lifeandcode reblogged this from webstartwomen
- collegecupofjava likes this
- thedemilitarizedfriendzone likes this
- webstartwomen posted this